Mandos-client error

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Sun Feb 28 21:47:30 CET 2016

Dick Middleton <dick at lingbrae.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> 	I've just installed mandos-client v1.7 on a system (i386
> Debian stretch) and
> when I run mandos-client it emits these messages:
>
> Mandos plugin mandos-client: unlinkat(open("/tmp/mandosFoGAbz", O_RDONLY),
> "private-keys-v1.d", 0): Is a directory
> Mandos plugin mandos-client: rmdir: Directory not empty
>
> I've not investigated this yet but it takes 4m 30s to get back with an
> answer.
> Seems a bit odd.
>
> Anything obvious spring to mind?

That's the cleaning of the temporary directory for the GnuPG key rings;
it seems it now contains an unexpected subdirectory.  Upon
investigation, it seems that GnuPG 2.1 changed its key storage format,
and now also has a subdirectory there.  (See
<https://www.gnupg.org/faq/whats-new-in-2.1.html>.)

It's a mostly harmless error; it only leaves the temporary key ring
files undeleted.  This isn't a problem, because the files are just as
unreadable there as their source files in /etc/keys/mandos.  And the
place it leaves them is in the /tmp directory *on the initramfs*, which
should be inaccessible on a running system.  Oh well, fixed in trunk.
Thanks!

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
The Mandos Project