Checker directive - debug info

Dick Middleton dick at fouter.net
Sat Jun 23 16:25:27 CEST 2012

On 06/23/12 14:51, Teddy Hogeborn wrote:
> Dick Middleton <dick at fouter.net> writes:
>
>> 2012-06-22 21:45:50,749 root [5013]: INFO: Starting checker 'true' for Penguin-DSA
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/sbin/mandos", line 1326, in start_checker
>>     r = Client.start_checker(self, *args, **kwargs)
>>   File "/usr/sbin/mandos", line 725, in start_checker
>>     pid, status = os.waitpid(self.checker.pid, os.WNOHANG)
>> OSError: [Errno 10] No child processes
>
> See, that's odd.  Twelve lines before that, a child process *was*
> started, as logged by the debug message.  Even if the subprocess exited
> before this line, there ought to have been a zombie process with the
> exit status for waitpid() to read.  So I don't see how this could ever
> happen.  I've added code to check for this in the latest trunk, though.
> Still, the question is: Where did the child process go?

I don't think I'd be changing code right now.  There's something very peculiar
about all this.  I'm wondering if it's running out of memory or some other
limitation. Unfortunately right now it's not working at all as it won't reboot
after power-off.

BTW I'm getting those funny characters prefixing 'Mandos' in syslog with this
system too.  That's two completely different systems and this is a brand new
install.  Could there be a python version compatibility error of some sort?
Mandos is running 2.7 but 3.2 is installed too.

Dick