Checker directive - debug info

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Sat Jun 23 15:51:34 CEST 2012

Dick Middleton <dick at fouter.net> writes:

> 2012-06-22 21:45:50,749 root [5013]: INFO: Starting checker 'true' for Penguin-DSA
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/mandos", line 1326, in start_checker
>     r = Client.start_checker(self, *args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/sbin/mandos", line 725, in start_checker
>     pid, status = os.waitpid(self.checker.pid, os.WNOHANG)
> OSError: [Errno 10] No child processes

See, that's odd.  Twelve lines before that, a child process *was*
started, as logged by the debug message.  Even if the subprocess exited
before this line, there ought to have been a zombie process with the
exit status for waitpid() to read.  So I don't see how this could ever
happen.  I've added code to check for this in the latest trunk, though.
Still, the question is: Where did the child process go?

> Penguin-DSA is disabled after that error.

Yes, the exception causes the checking to stop altogether (fixed in
trunk).

> I see no errors for the pickle file.

This, too, is odd, since we check and log any errors when saving the
pickle file.

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
The Mandos Project