Key sharing

Dick Middleton dick at lingbrae.com
Sun Jul 17 10:44:49 CEST 2022

I've been using the key sharing feature of mandos to unlock resume/swap partition using
the same passphrase as the root partition.

I've been having a lot of trouble recently keeping this all working.  I was using dracut
to build my initramfs but that now renders my system unbootable.

So I've reverted to using initramfs-tools and at least I can boot.  However it no longer
unlocks the swap partition;  it prompts me separately.

My crypttab looks like this:

# root
md1-crypt UUID=xxxx boot luks,keyscript=/lib/cryptsetup/scripts/decrypt_keyctl

# sleep
sleep UUID=yyyy boot luks,keyscript=/lib/cryptsetup/scripts/decrypt_keyctl

I'm using mandos-client  version 1.8.14 on stable aka bullseye!  kernel is  5.10.0-16-amd64

Something has changed, I don't know what.  If somebody could enlighten me that would be
much appreciated.

Dick