mandos-client on Debian Buster

Birger Brunswiek birger at brunswiek.org
Thu Aug 29 13:25:51 CEST 2019

Hi List,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully used mandos-client on Debian
Buster with cryptroot. It seems that Buster's cryptsetup-initramfs is
very different from Stretch's cryptsetup. For example in the generated
initrd there is no conf/conf.d/cryptroot. Instead there is a
etc/crypttab which has a different format (the same as /etc/crypttab on
the host). Thus the change introduced in
https://bzr.recompile.se/loggerhead/mandos/trunk/revision/961 seems
wrong. Reboot worked again once I downgraded to Stretch's cryptsetup
(2:1.7.3-4). It still did not open any other devices but the root
device. I am still looking into this.

Cheers
Birger