plugin-helper not running plugins

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Sun Oct 30 05:06:24 CET 2016

Paul Schulz <paul at mawsonlakes.org> writes:

> A brief aside, and a complete hack/security violation:
> - With mandos-client 1.7.1 installed on Ubuntu 14.04, I was able to
> get the system to boot without prompting for a password by adding a
> script /etc/mandos/plugins.d/password-emmitter, which contains
> something like:
> ----- (with chmod 775)
> #!/bin/sh
> echo -n "password"
> -----

You could also bypass Mandos completely and simply have the password in
a file and the file name entered in the third column in /etc/crypttab.

> and adding the following to /etc/mandos/plugin-runner.conf
> -----
> --options-for=mandos-client:--enable=password-emmitter
> -----

That option is not necessary for two reasons:

1. The plugin-runner will run all plugins present in the plugins.d
   directory, there is no need to explicitly enable it.

2. You are sending the "--enable" option to mandos-client, but the
   --enable option is only valid for the plugin-runner itself.

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
The Mandos Project
https://www.recompile.se/mandos