plugin-helper not running plugins

Paul Schulz paul at mawsonlakes.org
Thu Oct 27 04:48:36 CEST 2016

Hi Gino,
re. your previous email.

I am trying to get the same thing running (I think).
- How did you install mandos-client 1.7.12 on Ubuntu 14.04?
  (The mandos-client package that I have found, wants to use a higher
version of libgnutls30 than what's installed.. so it doesn't even install
nicely for me.)

- I'm still trying to compile source from bzr but am getting error (see
other email)
https://mail.recompile.se/pipermail/mandos-dev/2016-October/000358.html

Cheers,
Paul

A brief aside, and a complete hack/security violation:
- With mandos-client 1.7.1 installed on Ubuntu 14.04, I was able to get the
system to boot without prompting for a password by adding a script
/etc/mandos/plugins.d/password-emmitter, which contains something like:
----- (with chmod 775)
#!/bin/sh
echo -n "password"
-----

and adding the following to /etc/mandos/plugin-runner.conf
-----
--options-for=mandos-client:--enable=password-emmitter
-----

remembering to run.. (scrolling back through the messages should show that
the new plugin script has been copied over)
# update-initramfs -uv