Compiling Mandos Deb packages from bzr

Paul Schulz paul at mawsonlakes.org
Wed Nov 2 04:16:19 CET 2016

Hi Teddy,
Thank you for this. I have been able to compile the mandos and
mandos-client packages (1.7.13) for Ubuntu 16.04 and I now have a mandos
system that works.

Thank you for this software, and your assistance.

Paul

FYI, some notes from my process.
 - The list of build dependencies that I needed to do the build were:
    build-essential  bzr bzr-builddeb \
    debhelper docbook-xml docbook-xls libavahi-core-dev \
    libgpgme11-dev xsltproc libnl-route-3-dev libgnutls28-dev

When installing 'mandos' on Ubuntu 16.04, I needed the additional
package: python-urwid
When installing 'mandos-client' I needed
  cryptsetup (duh!)
  libavahi-core7
  libgpgme11
  liblsan0
  libnl-route-3-200
  dpkg-dev

While is wasn't prompted for at install, the postinst script complained
about not having 'certtool' which is in the
'gnutls-bin' package. mandos-client appeared to work with or without this
package.

I'm not sure if it's required or not, but once mandos was installed, and a
client added to /etc/mandos/clients.conf I needed to enable the client with
'mandos-ctl -e clientname'. I could not see this mentioned in the
documentation anywhere.

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 at 07:36 Teddy Hogeborn <teddy at recompile.se> wrote:

Paul Schulz <paul at mawsonlakes.org> writes:

> I was unable to build packages on 14.04 using the instructions from
> https://wiki.recompile.se/wiki/Mandos
>
> Namely..
> bzr branch ftp://anonymous@ftp.recompile.se/pub/mandos/trunk mandos
> cd mandos
> bzr builddeb --builder='debuild -i -us -uc -b'
>
> I get the following error ar the end...
>
> bzr: ERROR: exceptions.ValueError: orig tarball file
> mandos_1.7.13.orig.tar.gz.pgp has unknown extension

Just remove the .pgp file (rm ../build-area/*.tar.gz.pgp) and re-run the
bzr builddeb command.  (I don't know why this is necessary.)

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
The Mandos Project
https://www.recompile.se/mandos