[mandos-client] Error -64 while reading keypar

Pablo Abelenda pabelenda at igalia.com
Thu Oct 29 10:30:16 CET 2015

Hello,

I have configured a mandos server and a mandos client.

Everytime I boot the client machine and mandos-client try to get his
password I obtain the following error:

Mandos plugin mandos-client: Error [-64] while reading the Open PGP key
pair ('conf/conf.d/pubkey.txt' , 'conf/conf.d/seckey.txt')
Mandos plugin mandos-client: The GnuTLS error is: Error while reading file.
Mandos plugin mandos-client: init_gnutls_global failed

The server waits for its password and do not boot until I manually type it.

The error is related to gnutls not been able, for some reason, to read
correctly the key pair. Anyway, I am pinging here on this regard
because, when the server is finally booted and I request manually for
the password, the mandos server send it in few seconds and the error is
not displayed at all.

So, to sum up:

* At boot time, the password request fails.
* With the server booted (run time), the password request works.

This is the way I ask for the password at run time:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mandos/plugins.d/mandos-client

And this the client configuration:

--options-for=mandos-client:--pubkey=conf.d/mandos/pubkey.txt
--options-for=mandos-client:--seckey=conf.d/mandos/seckey.txt
--options-for=mandos-client:--network-hook-dir=lib/mandos/network-hooks.d

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Best regards.

--
Pablo Abelenda