Ubuntu precise issues

Mike 'Fuzzy' Partin mike at liquidplanner.com
Wed Jan 29 19:49:48 CET 2014

I've gotten the networking issue sussed, but now am getting errors from
GnuTLS while reading files (those being /conf/conf.d/mandos/*key.txt).
Adding a '-v' to the relevant line (l:192 of
/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/mandos) shows me that the files are
indeed being copied over into /conf/conf.d/mandos/
during the initramfs generation. I wish I had something more verbose
than the following to provide:

Mandos plugin mandos-client: Error [-64] while reading the OpenPGP key
pair ('/conf/conf.d/mandos/pubkey.txt', '/conf/conf.d/mandos/seckey.txt')
Mandos plugin mandos-client: The GnuTLS error is: Error while reading file.
Mandos plugin mandos-client: init_gnutls_global failed
Mandos plugin mandos-client: seteuid: Operation not permitted # included
for completeness, I recognize that it's one of the errors that are
ignorable)

At this point, with only mandos added to the initrd (no dropbear or any
custom additions), rebooting will yield me network, the PGP error, and
then falls to:

Going to fallback mode using getpass(3)
Password:

which refuses to accept any keyboard input. I've been trying to get a
working setup of this with our stock ubuntu precise image running the
server (hardware)
and 2 clients, on on the server in a virtualbox hosted vm with a bridged
network configuration. The other on a second machine in a Parallels VM
(osx) also in a
bridged configuration wrt networking. I'm using an unpatched deb of
1.6.3 that I repackaged from your provided tarballs.

Regards,
Mike 'Fuzzy' Partin
DevOps Engineer,
LiquidPlanner Inc.