Mandos on Fedora/RHEL

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Oct 22 17:38:46 CEST 2013

Hello,

  I suddenly have need for a solution such as mandos. I came across
Erik's posts on the fedora mailing list and this one. I've taken his
initial package and started to work on it so I could evaluate the
software. I've got a client and server running however when attempting
to test the client without a reboot I'm getting an error on the server.
This seems to be a python error obviously however the code is not
something I'm overly familiar with particularly what seems like very odd
syntax...

  In any case here's what is happening. I run

/usr/lib/mandos/plugins.d/mandos-client
--pubkey=/etc/keys/mandos/pubkey.txt
--seckey=/etc/keys/mandos/seckey.txt -c 192.168.56.1:55055

and the output on the server is:

Exception happened during processing of request from
('::ffff:192.168.56.12', 49561, 0, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/sbin/mandos", line 1861, in sub_process_main
     self.finish_request(request, address)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 334, in finish_request
     self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 649, in __init__
     self.handle()
   File "/sbin/mandos", line 1696, in handle
     (session))
   File "/sbin/mandos", line 1825, in fingerprint
     (gnutls.library.functions
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'gnutls_openpgp_crt_init'

Which attempts over and over but never succeeds obviously. Any idea what
could cause that issue?

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613