Some starting documents

Dick Middleton dick at fouter.net
Fri Nov 30 10:31:20 CET 2012

On 11/30/12 09:19, Zenny wrote:

> I happen to see your nice application just today and feel like
> deploying. Unfortunately I am getting errors while installing
> mados-client in embedded debian squeeze (voyage linux actually).
>
> 1) gpg: WARNING: some OpenPGP programs can't handle a DSA key with
> this digest size

I've had a lot of trouble with keys.  There is a strong suspicion it's gnutls
causing this.  Try shorter keys and try RSA also if possible get the same
gnutls library version on server and client.

> 2) cryptsetup: WARNING: could not determine root device from /etc/fstab
>
> which looks like:
> root at voyage:~# cat /etc/fstab
> #/dev/hda1       /       ext2    defaults,noatime,rw     0       0

You've commented it out!  Whether it is a real partition or a LUKS partition
it needs to be here.

> proc            /proc   proc    defaults                0       0
> tmpfs 			/tmp 	tmpfs 	nosuid,nodev 			0 		0
> #tmpfs           /rw     tmpfs   defaults,size=32M        0       0
>

> Appreciate if there is any pointers! Is there any tutorials on how to
> deploy mandos?

The documentation on the website and supplied is probably the best.  It is
concise though so read very carefully.  If you need something more cuddly
you'll need to google.

Dick