Version 1.3.0 of Mandos is released

Dominique dcouot at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:10:45 CET 2011

Hi Teddy,

To bas for the 10.04, since it's an LTS version. I suppose filling the
bug in Launchpad for that version might work as well. I'll try to file
for all versions.

And since I am not a patient man, well a little bit, I tried to install
it directly from the instruction you provided. I first install bzr
without problems. The building of mandos however did not go as planned
as you can see from the console output:

bzr builddeb --builder='debuild -i -us -uc -b'
Building using working tree
Running in split mode
Looking for a way to retrieve the upstream tarball

Using apt to look for the upstream tarball.
apt could not find the needed tarball.
Trying to use get-orig-source to retrieve needed tarball.
make: *** No rule to make target `get-orig-source'.  Stop.
Trying to run get-orig-source rule failed
Using uscan to look for the upstream tarball.
mandos: Version (1.3.0) available on remote site:
   ftp://ftp.fukt.bsnet.se/pub/mandos/mandos_1.3.0.orig.tar.gz
   (local version is 1.3.0)
mandos: Successfully downloaded updated package mandos_1.3.0.orig.tar.gz
     and renamed it as mandos_1.3.0.orig.tar.gz
Building the package in /root/build-area/mandos-1.3.0, using debuild -i
-us -uc -b
  dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -i -b
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: using a gain-root-command while being root
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: source package mandos
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 1.3.0-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Teddy Hogeborn <teddy at fukt.bsnet.se>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture amd64
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 7)
docbook-xml docbook-xsl libavahi-core-dev libgpgme11-dev libgnutls-dev
xsltproc pkg-config
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied;
aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use -d flag to override.)
debuild: fatal error at line 1340:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -i -b failed
bzr: ERROR: The build failed.

Any ideas how to fix that one.

And a small last question. This will create the new package for install,
but is it the server only, client only or all of it at the same time?

Thanks,

Dominique