mandos general protection error ...

Dick Middleton dick at fouter.net
Thu Jan 29 17:31:18 CET 2009

belorn at fukt.bsnet.se wrote:
> Dick Middleton wrote:
>> For both machines I tried.
>
> Was that lenny or sid machines? I thought the non-working machines that
> you sent previous strace from (when the client failed) was one named loco
> and one named geronimo. I would like to have the packets selections from
> those since its that situation we atm trying to replicate to reproduce the
> problem.

In the early tests the server was on geronimo (lenny) and the client on sid
(penguin).   I also had the client installed on another sid system, nova, but it
s symptomes were no different from penguin's.

Later I tried the diagnostic server on loco (sid) and client on loco (sid).

All these failed.

However when server and client were both on emu (lenny) it worked.  So I suppose
the conclusion is that the problem occurred when client was on sid;  The only
combo I didn't try was client on lenny and server on sid.

So, you should be able to reproduce the problem with the test scenario you gave
me installed on a sid machine.

I have uninstalled mandos and dependencies from all my systems now. I don't have
the strace files anymore either other than in the emails. The straces were all
made on loco (sid) or emu (lenny). I can do more testing if you need on loco
and/or emu.

Should I understand from this query that you've tried the tests on sid and been
unable to reproduce?

Dick