make install reports missing directories

Erich Eckner mandos at eckner.net
Thu Nov 23 20:00:28 CET 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to package mandos for arch linux. I successfully ran `make`,
but the `make install-server` afterwards complains about a lot of missing
directories. I fixed it by replaying all `install`s by `install -D` in the
Makefile - but now the compression of man pages fails with a similar
issue: usr/share/man/man8/ does not exist. I had a look at the Makefile
and I fail to see the target, that would create these directories. Does
`debuild` really do this much magic and create all those directories? Or
am I missing some preliminary step? If I made a patch for the Makefile to
include directory creation, would this be considered for inclusion?

regards,
Erich