Debian 10 "buster" packages available

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Mon Jul 8 14:44:42 CEST 2019

Mandos packages for Debian 10 "buster" are now available here (as also
documented on the web page):

deb https://ftp.recompile.se/pub/mandos/debian buster-backports main
deb-src https://ftp.recompile.se/pub/mandos/debian buster-backports main

Note that, as previously announced, Mandos clients or servers on Debian
10 "buster" *can not* communicate with Mandos clients or servers on
Debian 9 "stretch" or earlier, *even if* the version of Mandos is the
same!  This is due to a change in the GnuTLS library version 3.6.0,
which removed support for OpenPGP keys as TLS session keys, to GnuTLS
3.6.6, which added support for raw public keys.  Since it is not
possible to have both GnuTLS versions installed at the same time, there
is regrettably nothing we can do about this.

This is also the reason for Mandos packages not being available in
Debian stable - GnuTLS 3.6.6 was added to Debian so close to the freeze
that the Mandos packages were not done in time.  (We asked for an
exception, but no exception was made.)  Users of Debian unstable and
testing will continue to get updates as normal, and we fully expect
Mandos to again be a part of Debian stable when Debian 11 is released.
We encourage current users of Debian stable/buster to add the above
lines to their /etc/apt/sources.list file (and, if they have not already
done so, to follow the instructions on the web page on how to to add the
Mandos repository key to Apt).

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
The Mandos Project