mandos-client by vtun

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Fri Feb 22 13:52:21 CET 2019

Juan Miguel Alcarria Herrera <juanmi at arco2000.es> writes:

> Have you got an example of a ethernet hook to make a vtun for mandos
> client?

No, sorry.  All the example hooks we have are shipped with Mandos and
are available in Debian in the
/usr/share/doc/mandos-client/examples/network-hooks.d directory.  When
writing your own network hook, you would need to follow the
specifications of network hooks, as documentted in the "NETWORK HOOKS"
section of the mandos-client(8mandos) man page.

> I need not have to open ports for mandos server cheker. You know some
> solution?

In what way could the Mandos server check if the client is still up and
has not been taken offline?  If there is a way, configure this method to
be the "checker" command.  By default, this uses ssh-keyscan, but it
could be configured to be any shell command.

> Other question, is possible disable the checker and make a client
> enable for all time?

Yes, certainly; just make the "checker" setting in the
/etc/mandos/clients.conf file to be a shell command which always
succeeds, like the ":" command.

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
The Mandos Project