Version 1.8.3 of Mandos is released

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Mon Feb 11 07:44:54 CET 2019

Mandos 1.8.3 is released.  It has no user-visible changes, but it does
fix the Debian packaging dependencies so that it can be automatically
compiled on Debian's autobuilders.  This could have been a Debian-
packaging-changes-only release, except that we also made some fixes in
the source code to eliminate some compiler warnings.

Version 1.8.3 (2019-02-11)
* No user-visible changes.

Debian package changes:

* debian/watch: Make the ".orig" file name suffix non-optional;
  otherwise uscan thinks that ".orig" is part of the version number.
* debian/control (Build-Depends): Changed GnuTLS dependencies; move
  3.6.6 alternative to first in list, and remove dependencies on the
  virtual package "gnutls-dev", since we need the version restrictions.
  (Package: mandos/Depends): Remove dependency on libgnutls28-dev
  package.
  (Package: mandos/Suggests): New; set to "libc6-dev, c-compiler". (Used
  to find value of "SO_BINDTODEVICE").
  (Package: mandos-client/Depends): Don't depend on openssl anymore;
  instead depend on either a gnutls-bin (>= 3.6.6) (in which case TLS
  key generation will work), or on libgnutls30 (<< 3.6.0) (in which case
  TLS key generation will not be needed).

/Teddy Hogeborn & Björn Påhlsson

--
The Mandos Project