Version 1.6.9 of Mandos is released

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Sun Oct 5 22:56:50 CEST 2014

Version 1.6.9 of Mandos is released.  It is a minor release, mainly
meant to allow Debian to transition its GnuTLS version.

Note: The old GnuTLS and the new GnuTLS versions do not interoperate;
Mandos servers and Mandos clients need to use the same GnuTLS versions,
and Mandos uses the newest one available, which means that Debian wheezy
(stable) cannot communicate with Debian jessie (unstable/testing/sid).
This is, we hear, due to a change in how GnuTLS uses OpenPGP keys (the
new version is supposedly more RFC compliant); we sadly cannot fix
this in Mandos.

Version 1.6.9 (2014-10-05)
* Server
** Changed to emit standard D-Bus signal when D-Bus properties change.
   (The old signal is also still emitted, but marked as deprecated.)

Details: The Mandos D-Bus API was designed before the D-Bus standard had
a standardized signal for property changes, so Mandos emitted its own
signal for this.  This version, 1.6.9, uses the D-Bus standard signal
instead of the old Mandos-specific signal.  (The old signal is still
emitted too, but is marked as deprecated.)

Debian package changes:

* debian/control (Build-Depends): Fix "still uses GnutLS 2.x" by
  changing from "libgnutls-dev" to "libgnutls28-dev | gnutls-dev"
  (Closes: #762349)

See https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/gnutls28.html for the
Debian GnuTLS transition status, and https://wiki.debian.org/gnutls3 for
background information.

(As usual, Teddy has uploaded the package directly to Debian unstable.)

/Teddy Hogeborn & Björn Påhlsson