Mandos + CentOS 6

Nathanael d. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Sat Mar 15 16:44:59 CET 2014

Hello,

  So its been awhile since I've been able to dedicate any time to
getting mandos working on a CentOS/RHEL server. Last night everything
aligned such that I made great progress. I have one remaining issues.

  Previously I was trying to shoehorn mandos-client into the 'dracut'
way of doing things. Last night I scrapped that and basically made a
dracut module that would install plugin-runner and mandos-client and
then used much of the dracut facilities to have it called. This seems to
be working well. One caveat is the network. Granted that is a big one I
hope it can be solved relatively quickly.

  So I tried to let mandos client bring up the interface, which it sort
of does, however I have no idea how any of the interfaces are configured
(dhcp vs static address) or how to specify to the mandos-client what I
would like. I looked through the source and didn't really see anything
in there. So basically I'm wondering does the mandos client handle
assigning an IP address, routes etc? If so how can I tell it what I
want? Also are the facilities mandos-client uses debian based and thus
may not work in another environment?

Sincerely,
--
Nathanael