Mandos + CentOS 6

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Tue Apr 1 22:14:07 CEST 2014

"Nathanael d. Noblet" <nathanael at gnat.ca> writes:

>   So I tried to let mandos client bring up the interface, which it
> sort of does, however I have no idea how any of the interfaces are
> configured (dhcp vs static address) or how to specify to the
> mandos-client what I would like. I looked through the source and
> didn't really see anything in there. So basically I'm wondering does
> the mandos client handle assigning an IP address, routes etc?

No.  If needed, this is the role of the so-called "network hooks" - see
the manual page mandos-client(8mandos), and look in the directory
/usr/share/doc/mandos-client/examples/network-hooks.d for some examples
of network hooks.  However, normally, *no* network address is needed,
since we use the automatically assigned link-local IPv6 address, and
*no* route is needed, since we only look for Mandos servers on the local
network.  No network hooks are installed by default - they are a feature
for those who have non-standard needs.

> If so how can I tell it what I want? Also are the facilities
> mandos-client uses debian based and thus may not work in another
> environment?

The Mandos client itself does not configure any addresses, routes or
interface options.  The example network hooks should not, I think,
depend on anything Debian-specific, but if they do, they are only
*examples*, and meant to be customized for individual needs.

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
The Mandos Project
http://www.recompile.se/mandos