Mandos on Fedora/RHEL

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Sun Oct 27 02:32:29 CET 2013

Nathanael Noblet <nathanael at gnat.ca> writes:

> Now onto systemd service file creation

Actually, I've been working on that.  I just committed support of
systemd to trunk.

> and dracut integration.

I've yet to look seriously into this.

> One of the things I know we'll have problems with is your Makefile
> hardcodes the lib directory to /usr/lib,

Um, say what?  We do?  Where?  Do you mean the /usr/lib/mandos
directory?  Note that we do not actually install *libraries* as such, we
only want a application-specific directory for Mandos client binaries to
be installed into the initramfs image.  They *are* binaries, so they
cannot go into /usr/share.

> and in a multi-lib situation x86_64 arches for fedora are /usr/lib64,

If I read the Debian standards correctly, they *prohibit* /usr/lib64,
and mandate /usr/lib instead, and *permits* /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu as
an option.  How should a mere Makefile detect where to install stuff?
What do others do?

(Note that the initramfs creation hook script would also need to be
updated to copy the files from the right place.)

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
The Mandos Project
http://www.recompile.se/mandos