Mandos on Fedora/RHEL

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri Oct 25 20:37:15 CEST 2013

On 10/24/2013 03:38 PM, Teddy Hogeborn wrote:
> Nathanael Noblet <nathanael at gnat.ca> writes:
>
>> Hmm seems I spoke too soon. I can get a mandos client on RHEL/Fedora
>> based systems working. However regardless of version I try, I cannot
>> for the life of me get a successful test connection when either CentOS
>> 6.x or Fedora (f18/f19) are used as the server.
>
> Try Mandos 1.6.2 with new keys generated with that version.  This should
> work.

That does indeed fix it for F18 which uses the same versions of gnutls
as Ubuntu.

However on CentOS 6 we have

gnutls-2.8.5-10.el6_4.2.x86_64
python-gnutls-1.1.9-1.el6.x86_64
or even when using python-gnutls-1.2.4

I get the following error on the server:

Exception happened during processing of request from
('::ffff:192.168.56.152', 39635, 0, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/mandos", line 1889, in sub_process_main
     self.finish_request(request, address)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/SocketServer.py", line 322, in finish_request
     self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/SocketServer.py", line 617, in __init__
     self.handle()
   File "/usr/sbin/mandos", line 1697, in handle
     priority, None))
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/gnutls/library/errors.py",
line 54, in check_status
     raise GNUTLSError(ErrorMessage(retcode))
GNUTLSError: The request is invalid.

any ideas?

--
Nathanael d. Noblet