Mandos on Fedora/RHEL

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Thu Oct 24 23:44:30 CEST 2013

"Nathanael D. Noblet" <nathanael at gnat.ca> writes:

>     (gnutls.library.functions
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'gnutls_openpgp_crt_init'
>
> Which attempts over and over but never succeeds obviously. Any idea
> what could cause that issue?

The Mandos server uses the Python-GnuTLS library, which in turn uses the
Python built-in ctypes module to load libgnutls.so and extract its
"gnutls_openpgp_crt_init" C function, in order to call it.  Apparently,
this fails, possibly due to libgnutls no longer having this function.
As a short-term solution, you could try running major version 2 of
libgnutls instead of major version 3, which I'm guessing you do.
Long-term, the Python-GnuTLS library needs to be upgraded to use
libgnutls 3.

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
The Mandos Project