Mandos on Fedora/RHEL

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Nov 5 14:24:20 CET 2013

Sorry for the top post I'm on a mobile device at the moment...

So in fedora/rhel/centos land the plugin runner is unnecessary. Dracut already has console and Plymouth ask password commands. The little systemd service I 'created' is run in tandem with all other relevant password retrieval pieces. The network pieces are handled by other dracut modules and can deal with bonded interfaces VPN etc..

  Given that how would you prefer to proceed? I'm wondering if the actual client portion could be split out into a separate little program. So all the avahi setup and anything needed to setup networks in its own area. Then a network client that requires the keys and IP and port and does its thing. In fedora and derivatives we simply install that little client and the systems services. In Debian and derivatives you include the entire plugin runner? Thoughts?

For my test today I'm going to modify the mandos client to grab some variables from the environment. I'm still using non avahi connection methods. I noticed that the code has a comment about that code path being for testing purposes. I'm wondering why? I have a handful of servers but most are in separate data centers so avahi is useless to me if I'm not mistaken..

Sincerely,
Nathanael