An algorithm that is not enabled was negotiated.

Theodotos Andreou theo at ubuntucy.org
Tue Aug 6 07:31:49 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

I am using mandos 1.6.0 server and client. I replaced the stock mandos
1.4.0 that comes with ubuntu 12.04 because of this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mandos/+bug/1003383

I followed this guide:

http://bzr.recompile.se/loggerhead/mandos/trunk/annotate/head:/debian/mandos-client.README.Debian

My server is on a different network so I use this command:

root at client~# /usr/lib/mandos/plugins.d/mandos-client
--connect=<my_ip>:<my-port> --pubkey=/etc/keys/mandos/pubkey.txt
--seckey=/etc/keys/mandos/seckey.txt

On the server I get:

  Mandos [1849]: WARNING: Handshake failed: An algorithm that is not
enabled was negotiated.

and the client tries to read the key forever.

I've read a similar issue on the mailing (back in June 2012) but it is
not very clear what the problem (or the solution) is. Can you please
en-light me about it?