Fedora support

Erik Logtenberg erik at logtenberg.eu
Thu Aug 1 16:37:05 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am currently working on adding Fedora support for Mandos myself and
I'd like to contribute this work.

What I have now is:

- Basic RPM-package for Fedora 18, which splits into mandos-server and
mandos-client package, just like on Debian.

- Added systemd support for starting/stopping, as that is the default on
Fedora. Also the SysV-style initscripts don't work on Fedora, as it's
missing start-stop-daemon and such, so this needed work anyway.

- I'm in contact with the Initramfs guys and asked them to help
implement Dracut support for Mandos. As this might have implications for
the mandos-client package as well, the final packaging will be done
after this work is completed.

For Fedora 19 support I'm running into a problem that I'd like to share.
Mandos has a --check option that does some basic sanity checks, that I
also use. On Fedora 18 this works a treat, but on Fedora 19 I get an
error about libgnutls not being found.

Now Fedora 18 ships with gnutls-2.12.23 and python-gnutls-1.1.9, but
Fedora 19 ships with gnutls-3.1.11 and python-gnutls-1.2.4. Does Mandos
support these newer versions? Also Python itself is a bit newer on
Fedora 19: 2.7.5 versus 2.7.3 on Fedora 18.

The full traceback is as follows:

mandos --check
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "rpmbuild/BUILD/mandos-1.6.0/mandos", line 44, in <module>
    import gnutls.crypto
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gnutls/crypto.py", line 11,
in <module>
    from gnutls.validators import method_args, one_of
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gnutls/validators.py", line
9, in <module>
    from gnutls.constants import *
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gnutls/constants.py", line
38, in <module>
    from gnutls.library import constants
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gnutls/library/__init__.py",
line 120, in <module>
    libgnutls = load_library(name='gnutls', version=26)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gnutls/library/__init__.py",
line 54, in load_library
    raise RuntimeError('cannot find lib%s on this system' % name)
RuntimeError: cannot find libgnutls on this system

Kind regards,

Erik Logtenberg.