Fedora support

Teddy Hogeborn teddy at recompile.se
Wed May 30 00:37:39 CEST 2012

Erik Logtenberg <erik at logtenberg.eu> writes:

> Thanks for making Mandos available to the community. It has precisely
> the features I was looking for.
>
> Except one... apparent support for Fedora. Is there a way to get
> Mandos running with Fedora?

Not at the moment, sorry.  Fedora, in their infinite wisdom, decided to
reimplement, incompatibly, the Debian initramfs-tools system; they are
calling it "Dracut".  Supporting Dracut does not seem, at a glance, to
be outside the realm of possibility, so we are slowly working on it.

Dracut also exists as a package for Debian, but when I tried it, it was
impossible to boot when using encrypted disks (Debian bug #671305).

/Teddy Hogeborn

--
The Mandos Project
http://www.recompile.se/mandos