Checker directive clients.conf

Dick Middleton dick at fouter.net
Fri Jun 22 21:57:06 CEST 2012

On 06/22/12 20:06, Teddy Hogeborn wrote:
> Dick Middleton <dick at fouter.net> writes:
>
>> 	If I place the checker directive (checker = :) in a client-name
>> section-header it doesn't work.  It works OK in the default section.
>>
>> This is 1.5.5-1 on Debian arm.
>
> Huh, it works here; we are unable to reproduce the problem.

It doesn't surprise me. Sorry, I was a bit quick to pen.  I thought I'd nailed
the problem but apparently not.

The symptom is the server keeps disabling my sections for no apparent reason.
 I've just checked again and the last checker update was 18:58 (it's now
20:20), the server was restarted at ~15:10 and sections last re-enabled at
16:35.  The time it takes to disable seems arbitrary (sometimes minutes
sometimes hours). Checker is set to 'true' in all sections and the clients
have been up all day (not that that should matter).

But that's not the only problem, it doesn't always enable the entries when
server is started even though I've got restore = false and enable = true
explicitly.  And, and there is nothing in /var/lib/mandos - I think it should
have clients.pickle or something.

This is on my little 'raspberry pi' arm computer and I suspect all is somehow
related to that.

So, as you request I need to do a little more investigation (sigh :-( )

Dick