dropbear in parallel with mandos-client in debian squeeze?

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 07:36:10 CET 2012

Hei:

I have a situation where I need to install both dropbear and
mandos-client on one machine for remote authentication, but they
conflict with each other.

My scenario is this:

1) It is about a headless machine running mandos-client. (yes there is
serial port, but everyone here do not know how to use)

2) For their convenience, I would like to make the mandos-client get
the key from the mandos server, and in case it cannot reach
mandos-server, use the remote key authentication using dropbear as
Plan B.

Appreciate if someone shares the way to embed mandos-client as Plan A
and dropbear+busybox as Plan B onto initram. Thanks!

/zenny