ipv4 interface config at boot time ?

Björn Påhlsson belorn at fukt.bsnet.se
Thu Feb 12 04:05:23 CET 2009

> I'm running 2 servers on an ipv4 lan with static addresses. Is there a
> way to configure the network interface (ip address and netmask) of the
> mandos-client during the initramfs boot ?

Funny that you should ask, since there should be a new release in the
next few days with that capability.  More on this at the time of
actual release.

But if the server and client computers are on the same LAN, there
shouldn't be a need to.  The client will automatically find the server
through the magic of ZeroConf and link-local IPv6 address, without
needing an IPv4 adress.

/Belorn