Mandos-Client Halts at Boot for 180 Sec

Dick Middleton dick at fouter.net
Fri Jun 5 14:49:37 CEST 2020

On 2020-06-05 13:39, Vigneshwaran K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using a mandos client to unlock the crypt disk at boot stage in that we are facing
> an issue.  For this issue we need your help for further debugging and resolution.
> *
> *
> *The issue is:* It halts exactly at *"Initializing GPGME"*  for 3 minutes and then
> continues booting.
>
> *PS: *If any key press action happens within the specified time it boots immediately.

Maybe this the same issue as I had with low entropy?

You can get a good idea of how long the wait for entropy is by doing:

 journalctl | grep crng

when you'll get something like this for each boot:

Feb 13 12:01:19 penguin kernel: random: get_random_u64 called from
__kmem_cache_create+0x3e/0x520 with crng_init=0
Feb 13 12:01:26 penguin kernel: random: crng init done

Subtract the times and ...

If that is the answer then there are entropy generator programs or hardware devices you
can use.

I hope that helps

Dick