Fedora support

Erik Logtenberg erik at logtenberg.eu
Tue May 28 16:13:55 CEST 2013

>> Is there a way to get Mandos running with Fedora?
>
> Not at the moment, sorry.  Fedora, in their infinite wisdom, decided to
> reimplement, incompatibly, the Debian initramfs-tools system; they are
> calling it "Dracut".  Supporting Dracut does not seem, at a glance, to
> be outside the realm of possibility, so we are slowly working on it.
>
> Dracut also exists as a package for Debian, but when I tried it, it was
> impossible to boot when using encrypted disks (Debian bug #671305).
>
> /Teddy Hogeborn

Hi,

I was wondering if progress has been made to begin supporting Fedora. I
noticed that the bug Teddy spoke about (regarding the dracut bug in
Debian) is still not fixed, but received some attention three days ago:

Anyway, that doesn't seem to really block Mandos on Fedora, so I was
kind of hoping there is some news :)

Thanks,

Erik.